Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookies and such

Today we made holiday cookies for our holiday experience.  I have a lovely white stand mixer which looks very beautiful on my new kitchen Island from IKEA, both furnished by my loving and wonderful in laws who have graciously gifted us with amazing kitchen equipment.  It was a beautiful picture with all the flour and molasses and chocolate chips all neatly spread out across the island.  I might have even taken a picture.  At any rate, I suddenly realized that there was no three pronged outlet.  So I had to take half of my operation to the other side of the kitchen.  Then, half of my operation wound up in a three year old's belly.  What was left of it, remains in balls of dough in the refrigerator, chilling.  I have decided, however, that as professional as my cookie making excursion looked, I know better than to actually try to bake those cookies.  The dough has a perfect flavor.  Why ruin it by trying to bake it, when I know I have never had success baking a cookie in my life?

Isaiah came home with lots of other cookie supplies, which it took him two jump starts and a new car battery to get to the store to get the thingies he needed to make an entire batch of cookies for his co-workers.  In the end, I think I decided that perhaps neither of us were skilled in the desert department. So, we will cook you up a delicious storm if you ever come to our house for dinner, but don't expect very good dessert!

P.S.  I love how anything in the kitchen suddenly becomes "mine." :)

0 comments:

Followers