Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

I love Easter and am going to write more about how wonderful Easter is on another day. It truly is my favorite day of the year. I surprised all of my boys on Easter morning with Easter baskets.  I surprised myself that I actually did it. I got the most enthusiasm out of my husband, who got a beef jerky stick and a crossword puzzle book in his basket. My children just starred at all the stuff in their basket and then threw the "grass" all over the house.  These were put together at the last moment in a frantic attempt.  I really liked the way they came out.  I hope you enjoy looking at these and also scroll down to the end of this and you will see my "mistake" Easter egg coloring attempt. I am going to write in the next few days about the rest of Easter Sunday so get ready!

I colored eggs after the children went to bed.  I did not want to have a fiasco so I did it myself.  I must admit I started to have an unexpected amount of fun.  I have no idea how I got these eggs to look so cool.  It just sort of was an accident.  Ooops. What was even more amazing was watching Jedidiah try to crack them open to "look for a bird."  

2 comments:

Beth B said...

What fun! And what memories this brings me. WHen Susan and Joanna were older, we would dye eggs together. Then, after all eggs were done, we would tear strips of white fabric (old worn out sheets and pillowcases), dip them in the remaining dye, and let them dry outside on a clothesline. The next year we would use these strips as "grass" in the baskets. THey were colorful and much easier to keep in the basket--didn't get everywhere the way the fake grass does. I still have them, and cherish them.

nicholas martinez said...

nice eggs.i wonder if jed knows that there isn't a bird in there

Followers