Monday, January 29, 2018

A Music Review

One of the beautiful (and not so beautiful) things about the modern invention of you-tube is the newfound ability to instantaneously listen to AND watch embarrassing music you once thought was cool way back in your younger year. Its quite amazing to me just how many times I have seen a video of a song I once thought was incredible and couldn't believe how weird the video was.  Almost ruined it for me.  Almost. 

Speaking of silly nostalgia, today I am going to write a review about boy band songs from the 1990's. In the current culture with all the turmoil in the world,  this is a very important topic to be addressed. Perhaps the most important.

When I first started this blog years ago, every time I thought of a blog topic, I realized I was making all sorts of embarassing confessions. I thought I should change the name to "embarrassing confessions."  That didn't happen.  

However, I'll have you know that I am confessing something today. That is that boy bands were, once upon a time, a very intricate part of my life. This type of  music brings back fond memories full of adolescent goofiness. 

If you are interested, you might enjoy going down memory lane with me by watching this youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcCSiakaU4

Funny thoughts even at that time came into my mind about boy bands singing songs. For example, five handsome men singing a love song at once?  Who are they ALL singing to?  Me? My friend? All five of them? Wow! Are they really all professing their forever undying love to the same woman? Will she have to pick between the five of them? Poor her.

It is a lot of fun to watch boy bands singing with these questions in mind.

And now as a grown up, have a few even more important questions for these guys who are professing their undying love:  Will they wash the dishes for her after she's had a long day? Will they make good fathers? Will they be wise with their money? And, most importantly, will they promise to not wear their hair like that in their 30's and beyond?  Its pretty embarrassing.

On another note, as goofy as the 1990's boy bands were, its interesting that they still talked about undying eternal love for one girl. We've really digressed since these days. 









Followers