Saturday, December 17, 2011

Chickens and a Trailor.

Isaiah decided recently that it is very important to figure out how to make a perfect omelet that slides right off the pan.  So, thanks to a very trustworthy youtube video, he has been practicing regularly, without a lot of success,  at least at the part of getting the omelet to slide right off the pan.   They have been very tasty, though. This morning we had an omelet with ham, feta, cheddar, tomato and avocado, topped with fresh chipotle salsa.  Well, fresh from a jar from Trader Joes.   It was very good but that is not why I am sharing this story.  I am sharing this story because I felt compelled to share a conversation that took place this morning in the James house, having to do with omletes.

Isaiah:  When we go to our family reunion outside of Glacier park in two years (which will be in a cabin in the middle of nowhere), I plan to make omelets for everyone there.
Me:  So, we are going to feed omelets to 22 people one morning?
Isaiah:  Yes,  I guess that will be over forty eggs. 
Me:  So I guess we can somehow manage to bring along forty raw eggs when we drive sixteen hours to Montana with two very small children.  I guess we can shove them in the back of the Volvo somewhere.
Isaiah:  Well, no we will have a new house and plenty of  chickens by then, and a trailer........

0 comments:

Followers