Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A couple of nights ago our shower broke.  As realized that I could not shower, panic overcame me because  I wanted to shower so bad I could die. I had the remnants of the day left on me:  Melted cheese, cooking oil, kid boogers, dirt, sweat, who knows what else. The only thing I could do was look with envy at Isaiah as he was the last person to successfully  shower and was all refreshed and clean with good smelling hair before the shower exploded, and I was just standing there thinking about how unfair life is. Then I really did get angry at him, only because I felt the need to be angry and he was the only one there, and besides he doesn't care all that much about being clean even though I would rather him care about being clean. 

Usually he is very patient with my needs even though he doesn't understand them.  That night he wasn't.  He just looked at me and said "you don't have to shower tonight, you can skip just one night of showering."  I was amazed at his insensitivity.  I have to shower there is no other option.  Every night no matter what I have to or I will lay awake for hours thinking about being clean.  Isaiah thinks showering is a chore, I think its a necessity, and the only way to truly relax and wash the day away from you.  Besides it helps to keep your bed smelling clean and fresh and that's important to me.  I am not sure what I will do when the Apocalypse happens, because we have disaster related plans for just about everything except how I will be able to take a shower.  I guess I better go think about that right now........

0 comments:

Followers