Wednesday, August 6, 2008


This is my grandmother. Her name is Nila, otherwise "Tita." I don't know why that we call her Tita, I am sure that there is a great big story behind that.

When I was a child, I would visit Tita, and this woman set me loose in the Grocery store and told me I was to get whatever I wanted. I did not EVER have this luxury at home. An hour later I would come back with my cart full. Full of Cheese and Chocolate.

We had such fun visiting my grandmother. She rose early every morning and made us breakfast: Chocolate filed and Cheese filled Croissants, Bacon, sausage, baby bell cheese, eggs with Cheddar Cheese, Easy Cheese, and everything else that you can imagine that could possibly give you a heart attack at the age 10. Boy was I happy.

Grandma would take us to the beach every day, and then to Aunt Audry's pool.

Now I am all grown up and have my own life and live on the other side of the country, where the is no beach and people do not believe in eating easy cheese. Somehow when I look at this photograph, I feel as though I have captured the essence of Grandma. I almost can hear her voice and feel the way it feels to get a hug from her.

And I can almost smell the beach.........

1 comments:

Melanie said...

So nice to meet your grandma, Joanna! I'm really enjoying this blogging thing - it seems to give one a chance to get to know a different side of a person then one would when just hanging out together.

Followers